I have always wondered what I could accomplish and how I would feel if I focused my energies on a smaller quiver of activities (like I did in college), and brought more discipline to my eating (as I have never really done beyond becoming a vegetarian at age 16). As I close out 2013 and look ahead to next year, I am inspired to make 2014 about completing a personal, one-of-a-kind project.
A Fitness Project to be exact.
My personal Fitness Project will run over the course of 2014. Each month I will do the following:
1. Focus on a single form of Exercise (e.g., yoga, running, biking)
2. Eat according to a particular Diet regimen (e.g., gluten free, vegan)
3. Complete one Hallmark Event solo (e.g., Race, Event or Trip)
4. Complete one hallmark event with a member(s) of my Family (e.g., race, event or trip )
5. Write about it all here at MommyTasker.com
Fitness Project Design
Fitness Project Ground Rules
|Month One: Yoga & Fasting|
Month One: Yoga and Intermittent Fasting
- Ode to Climbing and my Partner
- Bouldering or Blundering
- Mommy Climbing Trips
- Kid-Friendly Klimbing
- The Makings of a Climbing Partner
- Goat Rock Climbing Trip
Month Five: Strength Training and Low Carb
- Your Personal Personal Trainer
- TRX - Is it a Dinosaur or an Awesome 20 Minute Workout?
- The Bottom Line
- Hacking The Perfect Workout
- Boot Camp(ing)
Month Six: Running and No Sugar
- Its Run Time!
- Alternate Modes of Transportation
- The X Factor
- By the Numbers
- 5 Reasons to Love Trail Running and Racing
- What does it mean to be a real runner?
- How to (Not) Prepare for a Race
- Sweet Tooth Fairy
- Breaking down the door
- Back Bay Runventure
- Change up, reset and make it fun
- The Streak is Over
- 8 Reasons to love the night time run
- Resolution Run
- Mind over Matter
Month Eight: Fitcations
Month Ten - Up With the Sun
And That's a Wrap!!! And so there it is, a sampling of the journey through 2014. A lot of work, a lot of play and a few good workouts in between. What now for 2015? Not sure yet but I have a few more days here to think of something!