Life is short. Make it an adventure.
My friends and family will be first to tell you that I am passionate about living a healthy, balanced lifestyle that includes spending as much time as possible being active outdoors in beautiful places. However, as a full-time working mother of two, I often find myself struggling to dedicate the time I would like to pursuing my life interests and fitness goals.
I truly believe that I am a better mom and person on the days that I have made time for me. I have more patience, empathy and energy to bring to my family and feel good that I am emulating good life habits for my children.
All around me I see busy moms (and dads) working hard to fit it all in - usually by getting up early, going to bed late, or both. The purpose of this blog is to create a space to share stories, experiences and ideas to inspire us to keep making time for ourselves and our families and engaging in a fun-filled and adventurous life.
I intend to share with you my workouts and adventures. I also plan to invite some stellar members of my larger community to share their stories about working hard, loving their families, and striving to achieve Personal Records (PRs) in different aspects of their lives.
Some basic facts about me:
- I am 36 years old
- I have been married for 6 years to a great guy who shares my love of the outdoors
- I have two awesome kids (a 5 YO daughter and 2 YO son)
- I live in the SF Bay Area where I work full time in the Water Resources/Public Policy field
- I was born in Belize
- I rowed on the Stanford Varsity Crew Team as an undergraduate
- I rode on the Stanford Road Bike and Mountain Bike teams as a graduate student
- I taught yoga for 6 years
- I have placed in the top-10 at several triathlons
- I have modeled for both Title 9 and Prana magazines
- I have a neurotic rescue dog named "Mnandi" which means "sweet thing" in Zulu
- My favorite food is chocolate chip cookies
- My favorite sports include rock climbing, running, mountain biking and yoga
|Growing a Strong and Healthy Family|
To learn more about my Fitness Project, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org,MommyTasker.com, or connect with me on Facebook.